Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Genius Guide to The Talented Bestiary for Pathfinder RPG (and other Bestiaries)



One of my first posts (and still in the "Popular Posts" list) is the "Dirty and Cheap" approach to monsters in Pathfinder. The text is atrocious and was followed by a 2nd part and - some years later - a few musing about Type and Role in Pathfinder (and why they shouldn’t be linked).

I'm still not sure if "Dirty and Cheap" monsters deserves a revised post. I'm still using the same approach today, plus a lot of reskinning, although games like 13th Age (specially the awesome 13th Age Bestiary) gave me a lot of food for thought on subject.

However, the point of this post is to remind that there's new product that may do exaclty what I was talking about - The Genius Guide to The Talented Bestiary for Pathfinder RPG. I unfortunately lost the Kickstarter campaign, but I hope to get the PDF as soon as it's availabe to general public. Here's a preview and below are a few pictures from the book.



Oh, and I heard that there may be a 13th Age Bestiary II coming out too!

P.S.: Talking about "out of box" bestiaries, anyone knows if the Trailblazer: Teratologue is good? I loved Trailblazer, and there's a lot of good ideas and rules in that book (even after Pathfineder). Meanwhile I'll check Fantay Craft to see how it deals with monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment